16 Mar What are the different types of SEO?
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is a multifaceted process with several subtypes. The purpose of all SEO methods is the same: to optimize a website for increased visibility in search engines.
In this article, you will learn about the many forms of SEO and the SEO tactics that are appropriate for each type.
Types of SEO
Let’s begin with a basic definition of SEO.
SEO is the practice of making a website more understandable to search engines and more user-friendly. The overarching purpose of SEO is to boost organic traffic from search engines by optimizing the placements of the website in the SERPS for various search phrases.
SEO was straightforward in the beginning (think early 2000), but with time, the entire SEO process has gotten sophisticated.
When optimizing a website for search engines, you must examine hundreds of regulations in order to fulfill the numerous search engine ranking variables while still keeping your consumers satisfied.
What is critical to realize is that these subcategories of SEO are not separate processes; rather, they are a method of breaking down a complex process into multiple smaller processes that are easier to handle.
So, the many SEO types are as follows:
- SEO for technical purposes
- On-Page Search Engine Optimization
- SEO for content
- SEO Off-Page
- SEO for local businesses
- SEO for mobile devices
- SEO for eCommerce
The most important are technical SEO, on-page SEO, and off-page SEO, as seen in the figure below.
SEO for technical purposes
Technical SEO is precisely what the name implies: technical elements that influence a website’s visibility in search engines.
The primary purpose of technical SEO is to guarantee that search engine crawlers can easily crawl and index a website.
The following are the most significant technical SEO guidelines:
- Check and tweak your robots.txt file to ensure that search engines can visit your website appropriately.
- Add your website to Google Search Console and validate it, as well as choose your chosen domain.
- To locate and correct crawl problems, use the COVERAGE report.
- Make an XML Sitemap and upload it to all of the main search engines.
- Optimize the structure of your website and its URLs.
- Use SEO-friendly web design.
- Create websites that are quick to load on both desktop and mobile devices.
On Page SEO is concerned with the page itself and how to make it more user and search engine friendly.
It should be emphasized that, while search engines examine a website as a whole, ranking is done on a page-by-page basis.
As a result, it’s critical to focus on optimizing each and every page on your website.
The following are the most significant on-page SEO guidelines:
- Optimize the titles of your pages. This is an important SEO component. Page titles are displayed in search results and should entice people to click. The title of a page should also provide search engine bots with adequate information about the page’s content.
- Improve your H1 Tag. While the page title is displayed in the SERPS, the H1 tag is displayed as the page’s top heading. An optimized page contains only one H1 tag, which often has the same values as the page title.
- Improve your headers. Aside from the H1 tag, a page must include subheadings (H2, H3) for each section. Subheadings make long-form material easier for consumers to read and crawlers to scan.
- Image SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Any photos used on a website should be appropriately optimized, or else search engines will be unable to grasp what they represent. Image SEO requires you to optimize the filename, file size, and ALT text.
- Page formatting. It is not a good SEO strategy to publish a page with text and graphics without taking the time to beautify the content. Although Google cannot’see’ a website in the same way that humans do, they do have means to comprehend how a page appears or whether it is full of advertisements and popups, and this is taken into account throughout the ranking process.
On-page SEO is a subset of content SEO. The quality of the content and how to improve it are important to content SEO.
Because this is such a crucial SEO success component, many people believe it to be one of the sorts of SEO. However, in many situations, content recommendations may be found under on-page SEO, which is also a valid technique.
The winning mix is to provide quality content that both people and search engines can comprehend.
You may accomplish this by following these guidelines:
Begin your content development process by conducting keyword research. Find vital SEO keywords for your website and include them into your content.
Take it a step further and include long-tail keywords and semantically relevant (or LSI) keywords in your titles, headers, and primary content.
Publish content that is detailed and long enough so that consumers can find what they are looking for and search engines can grasp the context of your information.
To assist readers learn more about a topic, link out to other high-quality websites (if it makes sense) and to other pages of your website.
Use schemas and structured data to help search engines identify significant elements of your material.
The goal of off-page SEO is to promote your website. While the previous SEO categories focused on the website’s infrastructure and content, off-page SEO is concerned with tactics for promoting your website on the Internet.
Popular websites are more likely to rank higher on Google than less popular websites.
The following are the most essential off-page SEO techniques:
Creating Links. The practice of obtaining SEO backlinks from other websites is known as link building.
These backlinks operate as ‘votes of trust,’ increasing the authority of the destination website (as long as the link does not have the nofollow attribute associated to it).
Promotion of the brand. Because customers trust well-known businesses, Google prefers to rank them high in search results.
Aside from advertising your website in order to obtain backlinks, you should also focus on promoting your brand and encouraging talks about it in various social media networks and forums.
Google can detect these signals and reward pages that people discuss.
Local SEO is a sort of SEO that is exclusively appropriate for local businesses.
In other words, if you have a website and want customers to visit your local business, you need to optimize it for local SEO.
Everything said above applies to Local SEO, with the exception of the following guidelines:
Make sure your company name, address, and contact information are visible on all pages of your website.
- Add the Local Business schema to your website’s homepage.
- Set up a Google Business Profile account.
- Register your company with reputable directories like Yelp, Yahoo Small Business, Foursquare, and others.
- Make use of local directories and websites to promote your website (for example online local newspapers).
Mobile SEO is not a distinct kind in and of itself, but rather a subset of SEO tailored to mobile devices.
It is true that more than 60% of Google searches are now conducted on mobile devices.
This is a large figure, and it shows that the Internet is shifting away from the traditional desktop and toward mobile devices.
This is also why Google chose to establish a mobile-first index and begin crawling mobile-friendly versions of websites rather than desktop versions.
When working on Mobile SEO, you must ensure the following:
- Your website is responsive to mobile devices. Running the mobile-friendly test is a smart place to start.
- On mobile, the website loads quickly.
- The mobile version of the website is simple to use.
- Interstitial banners, other forms of aggressive advertising, or popups do not disrupt the mobile user experience.
eCommerce is a massive business. When it comes to search engine optimization, working on an ecommerce website is more difficult than working on a blog or a corporate website.
You have a lot more pages to optimize, and promoting an ecommerce website is considerably more challenging.
The following are the most crucial ecommerce SEO factors:
- The homepage and category pages are the first places to start when optimizing an online store.
- Before you begin working on your product pages, you must optimize these two sorts of pages.
- Based on the findings of your keyword research, optimize your product pages.
- Optimize ALL of your store’s graphic aspects (images, videos)
- Include the relevant schemas (product, offers etc.)
- Use social media to promote your store.
- Consider novel approaches to getting people to connect to your product pages.
- Create a blog and provide articles about your goods and how they may assist consumers solve problems.
For more information about seo service malaysia, please visit https://www.nuweb.com.my/seo/