17 Jun Purposes and Functions of Web Design
“Web Design is a type of graphic design dedicated to the development and styling of Internet information environment objects to provide high-end consumer and aesthetic quality. The definitions offered separate the web design from web programming, emphasizing the functional features of a website, and designing the web position as a kind of graphic design.”
Purpose of Web Design
- To create websites or electronic documents and applications residing on a web server and display interactive content and interface features to end users in the form of web pages. Like text elements, images (gif, jpeg) to be placed on the page using HTML / XHTML / XML tags.
- Displaying more complex media (vector graphics, animation, video, sound) requires plug-ins such as Adobe Flash, QuickTime, Java run-time and others. Plug-ins are also inserted into web pages using HTML / XHTML tags.
- Improvements to the browser according to the W3C standard required widespread acceptance and use of XHTML / XML along with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to position and manipulate web page elements and objects. The ability of the browser to send various content and accessibility options to clients without using plug-ins.
- With growing specialization in the field of information technology there is a strong tendency to distinguish between web design and web development.
Web Design Functions
- Communication Function
Tang website functions as a communication in general is dynamic web. Because it is made using web programming (server side), it is equipped with facilities that provide communication functions such as web mail, formanthec, chat, forums etc.
- Information function
- Emphasis on quality content, because the purpose of this site is to convey its contents
- It should contain text and graphics
- Facilities that provide information, news, file, company, library, preferences functions etc.
- Entertainment function
As a means of entertainment / use of animated images and moving elements can improve the quality of the design percentage, although it must still consider the download speed. Examples of Entertainment functions: online games, online movies, online music etc.
- Transaction Function
The website can be used as a business transaction for both service goods, etc. The website connects consumer companies and certain communities through electronic means. The payment can facilitate credit cards, transfers or direct payments.
Looking for more details / need help on Web Design in Malaysia?
NUWEB is ready to help you. Please visit https://www.nuweb.com.my/web-design/ or whatsapp 012-696 3011 for FREE Web Design Consultation. Nuweb is also now offering RM5,000 discount for web design services in Malaysia by offering SME Digitalisation Grant for Web Design Services.